Saturday, January 11, 2014

The Past and The Present

 
A quiet foggy morning in Northwest Ohio. It is about 40 degrees and the melt is on.

Last night was a walk through the past and a brief moment in the spotlight.  It was the annual Athletic Hall of Fame induction ceremony.  I was privileged to present a former player of mine from ten years ago. I nominated him and was able to lobby for his inclusion in the Hall.   He was a fine outfielder and a spectacular hitter.  I also coached his older brother and his grandmother lives directly across the road from me.  His heart is good.... He was grateful.  It is also notable that two of his classmates were inducted and I coached all three of them.  It was a nice event. 

I must relay though... that I was asked about retiring at least ten times last night.  I don't want to read  too much into it.... but... is it possible that they are hinting that it is time to go?  Or .... perhaps they are genuinely interested....  either way.... it is a reminder that I will soon have to decide my fate.

The present is pain this morning.  The right ankle is screaming at me.  I suspect that going back to school and being on my feet for an extended period of time are the culprits.

Gray is the color of the day.  Fog.... melting snow..... and just a genuinely dreary day so far...... It is ok by me.....

Rust Radio is particularly good this morning.  A show from Los Angeles on September 22, 1992.  Totally acoustic.  Spectacular.   Some of the banjo tunes (Dance, Dance, Dance and Love is a Rose) were particularly good.  He seemed like he was a pretty good frame of mind and well.... it is just good this morning.

Peace.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home