Wednesday, April 02, 2014

On the Corner

 

On the Corner

I can't help feel as if I am on the corner of some major changes. 
 
 
Yesterday was the first of April.  There were no April Fool's Day jokes played on me nor by me.
 
Went out and about for the afternoon until about sunset.  Walked the W.W. Knight nature preserve and snapped a few photos.  One of my better ones of the day was the one posted at the top of this post.  The light was good, and the angle acceptable.  I come to discover that laying off the photography hobby for about two months or so was not a good idea.  I sort of lost some of the knowledge that I had acquired.  Still a good solid walk and photo opportunity.
 
Used the Runtastic app yesterday fairly successfully.  It maps your walk, and times it for you.   It is a nice little tool that might motivate me to get going and move a little.  This winter, other than shoveling snow, I have done virtually no physical activity.  Not a good trend, for I will never be younger nor probably more able than I am now to make a change in how I choose to live my physical life.   With some determination, I will make a good decision when it comes time.
 
Sister #1 called yesterday to set the agenda for this upcoming Sunday's cleaning event in Bryan.  I suspect this is to what I am referring when I title this post "On the Corner".  I suspect that we are on the corner of making some choices and decisions as to what the future of 114 Robrock will become.   I have spent a little time thinking over what I would like to put on the table in regard to the vision I have for the property.
 
I am leaning toward Sister #2 living there until she makes up her mind.  I am prepared to pay the tax bill and let her make the house payments until I retire from my teaching position.   Upon retirement... gauge the situation... see if a move back to Bryan, Ohio would be the best thing for Suzanne and me.   There is a certain dread to admitting that I have returned to where I started.   There is also a certain dread that I would be closing the door on California.  There is a definite dread in moving farther from son #2 and any potential family he will have, but.....  it seems to me that the upsides far out-weigh the down sides.    There is some major work to be done if the vision is to happen...   But... at least there seems to be some logic and reason applied to what I am thinking.  I like the idea of having the land and the property. 
 
Who knows, maybe I can figure a way to rig a month in California a year.....   Maybe maybe......
 
Well on with today..... a  Wednesday...... right in the middle of Spring Break 2014.  We shall see how it pans out....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home