Monday, April 21, 2014

On Home Ownership and other musings

April sunshine and warm weather..... two consecutive days of 70+ degrees.... and just a nice adjustment from where we have been in 2014....

Last Monday, I received a letter from the mortgage company stating that our loan obligation was paid in full.  How about that?  Just six months shy of 20 years... on a 30 year note....  not bad....  I felt especially pleased that it is an accomplishment that my father apparently never enjoyed....  I realize that we walked different roads in life.... but none the less.... It is a nice accomplishment..... even if I do say so myself.

Sunday a trip to Bryan to cut grass and work outside on the house. It was really odd.  Really really odd.  It was the first time I had mowed the grass there in well over 20 years. It was sort of surreal.  One thing that I noticed right away was the incredible number of trees and bushes that he planted since the early eighties......  Was a major obstacle course.  I am also fairly certain that I wouldn't have done things "correctly" had he been there to critique things....   Never the less.... I felt his presence there everywhere......

Somewhere down the road, I will have to decide whether or not to stay attached to that place..... I just know that it is home to me..... It is especially home when his significant other is not there..... We shall see where the road leads....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home