Monday, December 22, 2014

Winter Solstice +1

 
 
 
Winter Solstice arrived yesterday evening at 6:03 p.m.   I have always looked forward to the Winter Solstice because of its signaling of more light. 
 
As I have grown older, I have noticed more and more how my state of mind is impacted by light.  The long dreary December nights are hard on me.I find myself being flat and unmotivated.  Winter Solstice is the ray of hope that I look for.  Good to see you here old Winter Solstice.
 
I have been absent from the Island now for quite awhile.  I took a run through the past years of the Island and noticed that I have rarely been here during the first 20 or so days of the month.  I would suppose it could be due to the rush toward holiday break at school or possibly the pace of things going on at home..... or then again... perhaps it has to do with the darkness thing..... At any rate, my December attendance almost always picks up once Christmas break kicks in.
 
My holiday shopping is about complete.  I would like to find one last gift and I will be done.  #2 made out this year....  we maybe have gone a bit overboard..... but.... he is a gold mine for me.  He checks on me every night.... usually on his way home from work.... Things are really going well for him..... it sort of scares me.... because as we all know..... it balances out.  A new washer and dryer for him and his bride along with an Apple TV box.  #1 was given some Giant tickets or actually a series of Giants gift cards along with a pennini maker and a photography lighting kit.  Hope he is enjoying Disney.... because I miss him.
 
Winter Solstice... Short days.... and dark nights.... but.... remember.... every day now grows a bit longer.   Hang in there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home