Sunday, March 22, 2015

30 Days

I have been gone from the Island for 30 days.....  Thirty pretty busy days all in all.

We are a week out from the Boys State Basketball tournament.   Kirk's group has made it.  They will play their semi-final game on Friday afternoon against Dayton Dunbar.  I have been scouting..... most recently Parma Heights Holy Name and Dayton Dunbar/Franklin.   The latter coming yesterday at U.D. Arena.

I have been taking  in regional games all week at BG. I have to admit that I was worn out by nine of them and have spiraled into a head cold and a pretty nasty cough.   I have to get the corner turned before Thursday if I am to enjoy any of this upcoming weekend.

Also during the past thirty days, I have been evaluated as accomplished.  I have administered AIR testing for American Government. I have help administer the OGT to sophomores, and I have brought the third grading period to a close.

I have done absolutely nothing in Bryan.  I have managed to delay buying out my brother and the older sister...... but that will be coming to a head soon...... very very very soon....

I have pretty much made up my mind about teaching ..... I will either end it all next year 15-16 or continue if I am physically able until 17-18.  I keep hearing in my head, the counselor saying.... you can always make more working that retiring.....  and while I am not about the money.... I know that if I am going to take on living in Bryan, Ohio.....  I want to be ready....   but.... that is not a 100% lock as of yet.

Reading back through this post.... it is noteworthy the number of first person pronouns.....  Perhaps it means that my focus is in the wrong place......

The weather is improving.... slowly slowly.....

Vernal equinox was this past Friday..... and finally we have more daylight than dark.....  less than 90 days to enjoy that fact.

Smile.... hang tough and make a plan....   and Let's Go Bulldogs this weekend....  He deserves it for as hard as he as worked to get there.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home