Wednesday, April 01, 2015

April Fools Day 2015

I will play no pranks .....   but here is one of my least favorite cultural special days of the calendar.  No pranks have been played upon me as of 8:10 p.m.

This past weekend was one of the more emotional weekends I have spent in some time.  The Defiance Bulldogs won the Division II state championship.  I am not naive, but I would like to think I was of some help to them....  personally scouted on the tournament trail, Wauseon, Scott, Parma Heights Holy Name, Dayton Dunbar, and Cleveland Central Catholic.... I felt particularly good about the Holy Name and Dunbar scouts....   I know that Kirk didn't expect a trip to Columbus... and I definitely know that he was greatly surprised that they won it all.   The tournament run has led to an exchange between the top Defiance assistant and me.....  positive positive.

It was fun with number 2 and his bride....   very very easy.  It is interesting that he is so into the tournament.  I genuinely think he is more into the tournament than I am sometimes.....    All in all we took in seven of the twelve games of the tournament and seven of the eight that were happening while we were in Columbus.  Huber Heights Wayne, Defiance, Cleveland Villa Angela St. Joseph, and New Madison Tri-Village were the champions.

April...   Spring Break kicks off on Friday.   No specific plans.. but...  what else is new?

Keep a smile on....  Major League Baseball season is just around the corner..   Orioles open next Monday in Tampa....  I don't really expect the same performance as the O's turned in last year...  Nick is gone...  Nelson Cruz is gone.... and... well.... one of the biggest pieces, Andrew Miller is gone.... and I thought he was the difference last year down the stretch. I just know that I will greatly miss Nick....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home