July 1 - Nine Years of the Island
Nine years ago today, The Windsor Island blog was created.
It was an attempt to have a forum to pose and examine questions. It has evolved into an arena where I vent and whine and complain. I have come to rely on the Island to listen... I am not certain that I should continue. Yet.... I can non imagine not having this place to visit and share what is going on for me.
I have a certain uneasiness about this place being discovered. I have given some serious thought to closing it up and taking it away from the internet and google in particular. I will continue here... But... I will continue.... but I must give some other thoughts to taking the blog away.
Such a morbid set of thoughts on a day that should be celebratory.. Eight years is a pretty good accomplishment. So happy birthday Windsor Island.... Eight full years of ..... "things to think about".
The first six months of 2015 are history. It has been a fairly hectic past two or three months.... leading that list would be the drama associated with closing the high school and moving to the local community college...... It will be temporarily delayed.
Many colleagues have been let go or "reassigned" to make better sense financially by the leadership. I have serious doubts as to how dire our financial situation really and truly is. I see a balance of $8-11 million on the records..... but supposedly we are in a free-fall. I suspect that our "sense of peril" is being driven by the discontent of the local "snake flaggers". I suspect that our leadership is super-sensitive to the non-stop criticism. The criticism is relentless. This relentless pursuit by the snakes only divides and creates a lot of waste ... waste of time and energy... waste of resources.... Enough.... find a way to compromise... and move forward....
Today is day one of a week's solitude. #2 wants to do "something" on Friday... I must do some quality school work during this time.... but.... there is a part of me that would like to just stay inside the house... close up the windows... lock the doors... .and just .... I don't know what..... But I won't. I need to stay productive.... and positive.
It is July now... time to get busy for the upcoming school year.... Will it be my final one? We shall see.....
It was an attempt to have a forum to pose and examine questions. It has evolved into an arena where I vent and whine and complain. I have come to rely on the Island to listen... I am not certain that I should continue. Yet.... I can non imagine not having this place to visit and share what is going on for me.
I have a certain uneasiness about this place being discovered. I have given some serious thought to closing it up and taking it away from the internet and google in particular. I will continue here... But... I will continue.... but I must give some other thoughts to taking the blog away.
Such a morbid set of thoughts on a day that should be celebratory.. Eight years is a pretty good accomplishment. So happy birthday Windsor Island.... Eight full years of ..... "things to think about".
The first six months of 2015 are history. It has been a fairly hectic past two or three months.... leading that list would be the drama associated with closing the high school and moving to the local community college...... It will be temporarily delayed.
Many colleagues have been let go or "reassigned" to make better sense financially by the leadership. I have serious doubts as to how dire our financial situation really and truly is. I see a balance of $8-11 million on the records..... but supposedly we are in a free-fall. I suspect that our "sense of peril" is being driven by the discontent of the local "snake flaggers". I suspect that our leadership is super-sensitive to the non-stop criticism. The criticism is relentless. This relentless pursuit by the snakes only divides and creates a lot of waste ... waste of time and energy... waste of resources.... Enough.... find a way to compromise... and move forward....
Today is day one of a week's solitude. #2 wants to do "something" on Friday... I must do some quality school work during this time.... but.... there is a part of me that would like to just stay inside the house... close up the windows... lock the doors... .and just .... I don't know what..... But I won't. I need to stay productive.... and positive.
It is July now... time to get busy for the upcoming school year.... Will it be my final one? We shall see.....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home