On Visiting and Heading Toward Another....
A quiet Sunday morning...... with a hint of CSNY in the background..... from a concert in San Francisco in 1972..... A Along the Lee Shore.... a fine tune... I know that tune from an album called 4-way Street. Some good reflections from the olden days....
Last evening, I went to visit an old friend in Wauseon. I have known him more than 20 years and he has always been a very good colleague. He was the baseball coach there with some spectacular teams. He ended his career as the AD for the last 15 or so.... He has contracted a physically debilitating disease of some sort.... He is pretty much home bound.... It was very very good to drive over and visit with him for a couple of hours.... His wife thanked me for stopping through.... It seemed truly appreciated.
I have been helping a great deal in the athletic office.... I have also been visited often over the past two weeks by old dreams of tasks that are minuscule and tedious. Also in these dreams are people from the past.... My assistant AD from the beginning.... and well..... It all causes me to think I am picking up some old stress from the old days... I know that it isn't the same.... but there are hurdles that are the same. It is particularly upsetting that the ultimate leader will not be paying the current AD nothing for the job. NOTHING.... how sad.... given how hard you have to work in that capacity. It will seriously damage my colleague. I fear too that it will make me resentful.
It was been considerably warmer the past couple of days.... It is scheduled to be hot for the next few. The timing is not so fine.... The opening of the year is slated for meetings for tomorrow, with a work day on Tuesday, freshmen only on Wednesday, and then the full slate on Thursday. Here it comes... again.
Was under the weather yesterday. I have been battling a fierce case of sinus..... It is particularly bad in the a.m. Yesterday it was so bad that it impacted both eyes. I simply shut down things and ended up sleeping about 75% of the day away. I don't like being sick.... at all... It was incredibly ironic that my friend's first question was.... "How is your health?" I often think I am not doing well.... but after spending some quality time with him, I have virtually no problems. It was a good visit with a good lesson delivered.
Hold on .... here comes another year of educating America right at me.... Bend your knees, get in a stance and guard, for you are a couple of steps slower...... and more tired than ever coming off a summer break.
Last evening, I went to visit an old friend in Wauseon. I have known him more than 20 years and he has always been a very good colleague. He was the baseball coach there with some spectacular teams. He ended his career as the AD for the last 15 or so.... He has contracted a physically debilitating disease of some sort.... He is pretty much home bound.... It was very very good to drive over and visit with him for a couple of hours.... His wife thanked me for stopping through.... It seemed truly appreciated.
I have been helping a great deal in the athletic office.... I have also been visited often over the past two weeks by old dreams of tasks that are minuscule and tedious. Also in these dreams are people from the past.... My assistant AD from the beginning.... and well..... It all causes me to think I am picking up some old stress from the old days... I know that it isn't the same.... but there are hurdles that are the same. It is particularly upsetting that the ultimate leader will not be paying the current AD nothing for the job. NOTHING.... how sad.... given how hard you have to work in that capacity. It will seriously damage my colleague. I fear too that it will make me resentful.
It was been considerably warmer the past couple of days.... It is scheduled to be hot for the next few. The timing is not so fine.... The opening of the year is slated for meetings for tomorrow, with a work day on Tuesday, freshmen only on Wednesday, and then the full slate on Thursday. Here it comes... again.
Was under the weather yesterday. I have been battling a fierce case of sinus..... It is particularly bad in the a.m. Yesterday it was so bad that it impacted both eyes. I simply shut down things and ended up sleeping about 75% of the day away. I don't like being sick.... at all... It was incredibly ironic that my friend's first question was.... "How is your health?" I often think I am not doing well.... but after spending some quality time with him, I have virtually no problems. It was a good visit with a good lesson delivered.
Hold on .... here comes another year of educating America right at me.... Bend your knees, get in a stance and guard, for you are a couple of steps slower...... and more tired than ever coming off a summer break.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home