Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Autumnal Equinox 2015



Autumn arrived this morning at 4:22 a.m.

I am in many ways sad to see this day come.  Without a doubt the single greatest downside is the darkness wins over light now for the next 30 days or so....  a close second would be the slow descent into winter....

If there is an upside to this day it would have to be coming of the fall colors.  I have always enjoyed the weather and the fall colors...

Hi...

It has been quite awhile since visiting with the Island.  More than a few things have been going on.... Let's see....   Since the first of the month, I have been to Fort Wayne to see Don McLean..... I have been to Detroit to see Comerica Park and the Tigers take on the Indians with #2 and his wife....  I have been teaching..... I have been helping with some athletic matters.....  and mostly.... I have been struggling with the ever growing distance between #1 and me.

I got to actually meet Don McLean..... shook his hand... and got an autograph.... He has aged quite a bit since I saw him last.... He doesn't have the same personal confidence that I remember..... but then again.... neither do I.   I suspect that age is chasing us both..... He just turned 70 and I am closing in fast on 55....  Time is not being so kind to either of us.

It was nice to go to Detroit for a Sunday day game...   Fairly good seats..... but I physically struggled. A kind usher.... fixed me up....

Onward now to winter.... and the darkness.....    Hello Autumn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home