Ousted, 58, and Leaves
Has been an interesting couple of weeks here on the Island. I am not certain what to start with, but here goes....
Football season at my school has come to a close here in week 12. A second round playoff loss last night in Huron against a team from Wayne County, Chippewa. We led for 3/4 of the game and then things got away from us.....Still a very positive season in so so so many ways. Nine wins, a playoff win, a school record for points scored in a game (62), and truly outstanding individual performances. I have sort of bonded with a few of these players.... It has been a positive.
58..... hmmm.... hard to believe 40 years ago this coming Wednesday I was at a birthday party.... Still it is a bit surreal.... 58
Leaves are about 90% down. A new leaf blower has made the war on leaves a lot easier to deal with this year..... There is still some work to be done in Bryan..... However at this point... I would give the color this year a very solid B-....
The looming decision as to how to handle the upcoming break off of my teaching career is heavy on me as any decision I have ever had to make. I just know.... that by dragging his feet last summer..... the supt. has cost me..... I am unsure about the retire/rehire game.... I simply know.... that it is time to decide.....
Maybe 58 won't be so bad..... but then again.... well.... it could be a death wish....
Football season at my school has come to a close here in week 12. A second round playoff loss last night in Huron against a team from Wayne County, Chippewa. We led for 3/4 of the game and then things got away from us.....Still a very positive season in so so so many ways. Nine wins, a playoff win, a school record for points scored in a game (62), and truly outstanding individual performances. I have sort of bonded with a few of these players.... It has been a positive.
58..... hmmm.... hard to believe 40 years ago this coming Wednesday I was at a birthday party.... Still it is a bit surreal.... 58
Leaves are about 90% down. A new leaf blower has made the war on leaves a lot easier to deal with this year..... There is still some work to be done in Bryan..... However at this point... I would give the color this year a very solid B-....
The looming decision as to how to handle the upcoming break off of my teaching career is heavy on me as any decision I have ever had to make. I just know.... that by dragging his feet last summer..... the supt. has cost me..... I am unsure about the retire/rehire game.... I simply know.... that it is time to decide.....
Maybe 58 won't be so bad..... but then again.... well.... it could be a death wish....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home