The End of January Has Arrived and #401
Here it is.... 1/12 of 2016 has passed....
Not that really all that unusual, the first month of the year is about to depart later today. It has been a fairly smooth month. It hasn't been particularly stressful, with the small exception of the birthday that passed earlier this past week. If one thing that is unusual about January 2016, it would have to be the mildness of the winter. Today it is lower to mid 50's . So very different than the past two winters.
I have spent the lion's share of this weekend alone. It has been ok for the most part. I ventured out alone to the basketball game Friday night. It was odd..... but not too bad. I did experience my own laziness though and I suppose a little of my fear of having a physical error, but......... it was OK and I don't think I will avoid it quite as strongly as I had in the past.
Yesterday late morning/early afternoon I was able to chat a bit. It was ok. No huge revelations, but more of a feeling like putting on a pair of shoes that was very comfortable. It was a positive.
Today the solitude is due to the Open House. It is an annual thing.... and it is ok. Although I must admit that I am hungry today. I still haven't conquered the best way to do food alone. Perhaps it is the part of my occasional solitary days that I can work on soon.
Wandering through a few podcasts this afternoon. I am drawn to the Organize Mindfully today. But I must confess that my personal favorite is the Notes to Myself. It is a once a week look at how to preserve human-ness in a tech heavy world. I am certain that there are quite literally 1000's of quality podcasts that I would find interesting, helpful, and useful, but.... I find myself trying not to clutter up my listening list and doing my best to keep things simple. Maybe that kind of thinking is a product of listening to Organize Mindfully.
Well... this particular posting has drug on and on... and I have really not done much more that just ramble around. Time to be prudent and move along with the projects I need to get to.
Oh... one last thing.... I failed to note that the last post was #400. It is still amazing to me that this blog will be ten years old this July. I have not always been as determined as I should have been in keeping up a regular posting schedule. Still..... I choose to celebrate that I have completed 400 posts. So... that being said.... here is to #401.
Not that really all that unusual, the first month of the year is about to depart later today. It has been a fairly smooth month. It hasn't been particularly stressful, with the small exception of the birthday that passed earlier this past week. If one thing that is unusual about January 2016, it would have to be the mildness of the winter. Today it is lower to mid 50's . So very different than the past two winters.
I have spent the lion's share of this weekend alone. It has been ok for the most part. I ventured out alone to the basketball game Friday night. It was odd..... but not too bad. I did experience my own laziness though and I suppose a little of my fear of having a physical error, but......... it was OK and I don't think I will avoid it quite as strongly as I had in the past.
Yesterday late morning/early afternoon I was able to chat a bit. It was ok. No huge revelations, but more of a feeling like putting on a pair of shoes that was very comfortable. It was a positive.
Today the solitude is due to the Open House. It is an annual thing.... and it is ok. Although I must admit that I am hungry today. I still haven't conquered the best way to do food alone. Perhaps it is the part of my occasional solitary days that I can work on soon.
Wandering through a few podcasts this afternoon. I am drawn to the Organize Mindfully today. But I must confess that my personal favorite is the Notes to Myself. It is a once a week look at how to preserve human-ness in a tech heavy world. I am certain that there are quite literally 1000's of quality podcasts that I would find interesting, helpful, and useful, but.... I find myself trying not to clutter up my listening list and doing my best to keep things simple. Maybe that kind of thinking is a product of listening to Organize Mindfully.
Well... this particular posting has drug on and on... and I have really not done much more that just ramble around. Time to be prudent and move along with the projects I need to get to.
Oh... one last thing.... I failed to note that the last post was #400. It is still amazing to me that this blog will be ten years old this July. I have not always been as determined as I should have been in keeping up a regular posting schedule. Still..... I choose to celebrate that I have completed 400 posts. So... that being said.... here is to #401.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home