Sunday, January 10, 2016

The Wind



Today is the first weather event for the winter..... It is pretty windy to say the least.

Now mind you.... it is not a storm or even a snow/ice advisory event.... but... the panic on the local news media is a little disturbing.  

Yesterday it was 50 degrees.... certainly not a January day in any sense of the word.... but... as will happen with NW Ohio weather.... change....  

This morning I was up pretty early given that I was a slug yesterday after coming home from the funeral and lunch....  At about 5 a.m.  There was a burst of wind to announce the arrival of the "event"....  and ever since..... rain..... blustery.... snow flurries...... mixed crud.... and well.... just old man winter doing his thing...

I mentioned above "funeral"....  Son #2's wife's grandfather passed away.  I went to the showing in Clyde on Friday and returned for the burial yesterday.  It struck a nerve.... Maybe it was the flannel.... maybe it was the age..... maybe...  well....  with my dad's birthday coming up in the near future..... it just struck a nerve. I dreamed last night about my dad and well....

Old man winter will win today....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home