Thursday, March 31, 2016

The Visit and Good-bye March

Time hurries on.....   It is Thursday..... of Spring Break week.....

#1 has come..... and is now gone.....

Saturday we picked them up and checked them in to the Country Inn and Suites.  It was a nice room with a whirlpool bath and all in all a nice room. We came back to the house and they went into the house to get some water that was bought .... It was the only time all visit that he was actually on the property and into the house. We went to the 5th Street place in Perrysburg. We had to wait a bit in line.... but not bad....   Small talk..... and to their rooms.  

On Sunday.... picked them up at 11 and headed to Sherwood.  More small talk... but in all actuality... a spectacular time for most in Sherwood.  I did manage to get #1, #2, and their girls to ride with me to Bryan to check up on things at the cemetery in Bryan. We cleaned things off the graves for the cleaning period coming up.  #1 paused for quite a while at mom and dad's......   We went back to Sherwood, ate our evening meal..... Things were a bit harried as some rough weather approached.  Some photos... and only bad bad weather conditions for about the first 15 minutes of the ride home. Straight to the room.... and with a plan to do "something" on Monday.....

Monday came... and we had lunch at Blue Pacific as per #1 request.... conversation was a little better.... and there was a moment when it was just him and me.....  but only for about two minutes or so.... From lunch it was on to the Toledo Zoo..... originally the plan was for the aquarium, but soon it became a full tour.... I was not so into it..... and sat and waited.....  some eerie music at the aquarium.   The weather was cold and windy.....  and following the zoo... it was time for a snack at Starbucks on 20.  Conversation was smooth for the most part......

Following Starbucks.... we drove out Route 2 to show her the lake... a drive through Magee Marsh or the old Crane Creek. ....  was nice.... plenty of birds.... and a cold wind on the slowly returning to nature beach.... From there... we continued on to meet #2 and his wife for dinner at the 818..... It was an emotional thing for me.... photos.... all eating together.... things seemingly pretty smooth.....  It was difficult to see the men part.... and it was a fairly quiet ride back to the hotel....  

Tuesday was departure day.... picked them up at 10:45 and drove to Bob Evans near the airport for some lunch..... and dropped the two of them off at the airport for their 1:30 departure at about noon.   I thanked her for sharing him and wished her well for her upcoming medical procedures..... I hugged him hard.... and asked him if he would be back... he replied "yes".... and I asked him to please not make me wait so long....  and he replied that he wouldn't......

And they were gone....

If pressed to give the visit a grade.... I would go with a B or B+  ....  Some real positives and well... I didn't get my hour of one on one that I was seeking.....  Everyone together was the highlight.

I will reflect more and share more as a pick through things in my mind.  One thing that I will have to figure out is the avoidance of the Island.

----

March is slipping away quickly... a little less than three hours remain.... Highlight was clearly seeing #1 again.....  Lowl=ight was seeing me.....  bad.... very bad.

Who knows what April will bring.... I am looking for some positives..... and the 40th year since April 2.  It is somewhat ironic, that I will be alone that night....  A little Bohemian Rhapsody will be in the air.....

----
Dobber up..... Let's hit the ground running and stay up beat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home