Unusual
It has been a very unusual weekend in many ways.
Friday I helped a colleague fight an old foe of mine. The colleague almost always is confident. Sometimes over confident. Friday night it was lack of confidence that he was battling. It was raining buckets of crap on him. We met at a place old and familiar in my life and past. We hammered out a plan. Unusual? Yes... him struggling and me confident. Unusual? Yes....
Saturday morning, I awaken... and see this:
Friday I helped a colleague fight an old foe of mine. The colleague almost always is confident. Sometimes over confident. Friday night it was lack of confidence that he was battling. It was raining buckets of crap on him. We met at a place old and familiar in my life and past. We hammered out a plan. Unusual? Yes... him struggling and me confident. Unusual? Yes....
Saturday morning, I awaken... and see this:
Now mind you.... it is still early April.... and mind you that I have seen this sort of thing countless times in my life.... but.... it shocked me to see about 7 or 8 inches of new snow on the ground the second Saturday in April. Wet.... Heavy..... and.... well.... unexpected since no one was crying death by snow in the local media. Unusual? Yes... That amount of snow this early in the spring is unusual. The fact that the media was calm... incredibly unusual.
Now it is Sunday.... I have worked through a few different ways to inform myself and stumbled across a television interview show called Undeniable with Joe Buck hosting. Today's guest was Derek Jeter. Now mind you he is a Yankee. I do not like anything about the Yankees..... nothing.... but.... I watched about 45 minutes of the exchange between the two and came away with a certain amount of respect for him. I know.... Unusual.
Finally.... the last piece of unusual is Suzanne taking a course for credit so that she can renew her teaching license. She has had class Friday evening, all day yesterday, and all day today. She has it again in two weeks in the same Friday, Saturday, and Sunday format. It sounds like quite a few of my former athletic world colleagues are also taking the course on time management. Unusual ? Maybe, maybe not.... but... I know that I have kept a pretty good frame of mind throughout the event.
Debating on whether or not to get cleaned up and catch the drama performance this afternoon.... Part of me does not.... and there is a certain obligation I feel to attend. It will come down to a coin toss here in a while....
I need to get to Bryan and get the grass cut. Weather has been the enemy. Perhaps it will let up this week enough for me to attend to what has to be taken care of soon.... or it will be a crisis.
In the meantime....continue to smile... and know that there are plenty of choices coming down the road.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home