Monday, June 20, 2016

Early June Perceptions and Summer Solstice 2016



We have reached the high point of daylight today for 2016.  At 6:34 p.m. Summer Solstice arrives. Forecast high is 94 degrees Fahrenheit.

Let's visit a few things since I have been here last.

Last night the Cleveland Cavaliers won the NBA championship.   It was/is a big moment for the city of Cleveland.  They have been close a few times in football and baseball and even the basketball side of the arrangement, but last night was the first time in 52 years since a Cleveland team has earned the title of World Champions. I have never really been a Cleveland sports fan.  I will plead guilty to watching and sort of following the Indians during the 1990's with son #2.  I have always done pretty well going to see baseball there....... I find it interesting that it was a "somewhat" controlled response last night by the people of Cleveland in celebration.   Now those people can walk with a little swagger in their step.  

On a related note....   the California people were disappointed.  I received the following message from Jacqueline shortly after the conclusion.  " Nooooooooo I blame you! Rooting for lababy! Ahhhh! Hahaha"   Now... I am not quite certain how to take that.....   I sincerely believe that I made a very wise decision not to respond when it came, as my first reaction was a little shock.... I don't believe that we have established enough relationship to know for 100% certain the tone that the message was sent.   I am just not quite certain.....  

#1 called yesterday for father's day.  We had a pretty pleasant chat. He strongly advised me to get a new phone given my current issues with an apparently "bulging battery".   When the conversation came to an end, I asked him to call his mom since my phone was "hot".  He did.   And then he preceded to speak to her for all of 2 minutes before he had to attend to Jacqueline.

I don't know...... I just have a very uneasy feeling about it all..... very uneasy.   I am fairly certain that the relationship will never be quite smooth or comfortable.   It is a vibe I get.  I just think I am viewed as dangerous to their relationship and to her comfort zone..... Perhaps I am  reading too much into it..... but.... there seems to always be a significant distance......  I chalk some of it up to not really knowing her and not being allowed to know her.....   Maybe it is just my perception.

Suzanne has a significant urinary tract infection.....  She wasn't feeling well and asked me to take her to the urgent care in Maumee Saturday afternoon. After some delay with the pharmacy closing before we could get there, she is taking an antibiotic.  The physician strongly suggested that she schedule an appointment with her regular doctor as there were some issues beyond the urinary tract infection.  Needless to say it makes me nervous to hear things like that.....

She felt poorly Sunday morning and it caused me to postpone lunch with #2 and the red headed girl. We ended up having supper instead at the Speed Trap Diner in Woodville.  We have driven by countless times but had never stopped.   It was a nice surprise.  Seemed like a short visit, but... it was a good one......  the red headed girl seemed a little distant.... but.... well.......  maybe my expectations are ....... I don't know... maybe I just am out of tune.

Last week I took part in the first round interviews for the Jr. High Social Studies job.  I am on a committee of five when everyone is present. We interviewed eight..... and selected four for a second round interview.  Odd questions.... and the Jr. High principal is fairly green at the process.... but he is doing a solid job.

June has been a pretty busy month .... as soon as the Jr. High situation is covered, I am in hope of slowing things down and being able to concentrate on the two curriculum projects at a nice easy pace.

Smile if you can.... Solstice signals darkness ahead.  Literally..... hopefully not psychologically.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home