2017 Is Here
Janus has now been about seven hours into this new arrival and it has been remarkably quiet.
I am not all that prepared to wade into this annual prediction event. In fact.... for some odd reason, I am not into it at all. It isn't that I am particularly down or disconnected...... I am just not feeling the usual passion about a walk through last year and not really all that much looking to the new year. But out of respect for tradition, here goes....
First a look backward.
1. #2 will continue to improve his status at work and make a move towards a permanent residence.
Hmmm.... It is my opinion that #2 has continued to earn respect, but.... very little sign of significant steps forward on either of these fronts. It isn't that he has lost ground, it simply means no noticeable progress or regression. I have not heard a single mention of any change of residence, and I am taking no news is merely no news.
2. #1 ....... Nothing will change
Well.... I think this one can best be summed up as very little has changed. He is still 2070 miles or so away. Perhaps the two differences would be..... 1. He visited for three days in April along with his significant other and his significant other has become a minor celebrity due to her incredible accomplishment of losing 350 plus pounds. As for him .... he continues to be a shadow.... and.... one thing is for certain.... it troubles me more than any other aspect of my life... and that is saying something.
3. Ghosts will remain ghosts........
For the most part true. No face to faces with anyone.... a few emails and a single chat are all that have transpired. So..... Ghosts have remained ghosts.
4. Bryan, Ohio,.... will stay at arm's length..... but I will be 75% in possession by December 31, 2016.
True.... and false.... True in that it has stayed at arm's length, but.... in someways it has become farther away.... I have not made any direct attempt to purchase sister #1's portion.... I will be visiting with her today and I may wander towards the topic to see where it goes.... I am much more concerned with my head not being there due to my inability to make the lawnmower work reliably. It was a total meltdown at the end of the mowing season this year. Younger sister made it work. That was crushing to me. CRUSHING..... I am not certain I have recovered as of yet. It makes me wonder if I could do well there..... and.... well... it seems very remote in many ways.... So in many ways this prediction became one half reality and one half total miss.
5. I will return to teach one more year (16-17) and be done.
I did return.... and am half way through this one.... as the be done part ...... well... it seems that I have decided on at least one more, so... I am not certain I can do much more than score this one a 25 per cent since.... only the return part is taken care of.
And now..... here is a stab at what 2017 will bring....
1. #2 will be a father.
I sense there is some movement on this front. He and his bride have visited several times. Somehow the conversation will momentarily start about friends who are having children, or this last time.... "I hope we have all girls so that you will get to watch girly videos" was mentioned by his bride.... I know it is on their radar, as to the timing.... I am thinking 2017 will be the year they make a serious attempt to make it happen. I just beg for everyone to stay healthy.... that is the ultimate goal
2. #1 will remain a shadow and perhaps some progress will happen on the becoming legally married.
What a weak prediction. weak weak weak..... I suppose it is just reflective of how I have become with anything to do with the California question. Weak. I doubt seriously if I will lay eyes on him this year, since he came to visit last year..... I have zero desire to go there. I would gladly welcome the opportunity to meet on neutral ground, but with her ongoing skin removal surgeries, it is a long shot for them to be coming this way again.... I do know that when the time comes for the marrying part, I will be facing one of the biggest decisions on whether or not to attend. I sincerely can't believe it has reached this point.
3. As to ghosts.... I will predict status quo....
Time has cast its spell... and the chain has become rusty it seems. She has misplaced her password to the old chain links.... And with the move to the great Northwest, her tie to family has grown stronger than ever. A face to face is not out of the question, but.... not very likely. Status quo.
4. As to Bryan, I predict that a move will be forced and I will balk. At minimum, decisions will be made as to who will be living there by the start of 2018.
About a week or so ago, sister #2 posted a photo of a diamond ring. Nothing other than "Oh My" was stated. I do not quite understand, but that is pretty typical. If it is indeed an engagement ring, and she marries this year, it will force everything into motion from my perspective. I will not consent to both of them living there rent free. I will not take him on as a responsibility. I want her to be happy, but I will not take him on as a responsibility. Period. They will either buy or they will vacate. If they vacate, my hand will be forced to directly decide on my next residence. Scary but long over due decision and action. We shall see.
5. As to work.... I predict I will re-up for 2017-18 and health will determine beyond there.
The new building renovations will force a move out of the building for 18-19.... I do not want to move. Consequently, I definitely see an end after 17-18. But.. I suppose it would be wise to keep an open mind..... I do have to admit to becoming much attached to my financial situation. I am paid well with very good health care benefits.... I still like teaching students.... I am fundamentally respected for the work I do.... however.... the days where I have "spells" have become more frequent..... and the challenge to climb to the third floor have begun to be a greater obstacle than ever. I know that I must begin to eliminate my collections within 325, and to do it somewhat subtly.
And there you have it.... a visit from Janus... Weaker than I can remember... but none the less no less troubling.
Be alert.... watch the weather.... think about buying a snowblower and new computer, and most of all... be alert to deteriorating driving skills..... both home and abroad..... Oh... and be especially alert to the political part of existence.... I truly fear the immediate future of the country more than at any time in my memory. I simply fear that emotion will over run reason.... and that is a scary formula.
See ya see ya Janus
P.S. Don't wade the creek when it's dry........ even if the forked end is down.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home