Strange Days Indeed
February..... One of the oddest months of all is on the way out of here.... and I have been not so good at keeping up with the Island. Many things have happened since the last post on January 15, 2017. I hardly know where to begin......
We have a new President of the United States.... It seems to me to be some sort unbelievable event. It has made me question everything I know about teaching American Government. Very very unsettling. I suspect that it would be incredibly wise to go to a summer institute to gauge what the best way to teach it now.... But then again.... I as much as I would like to go to San Diego, I sincerely believe that I am not of the frame of mind to cope with that.
Let's start with 56...... Fifty-six arrived and departed, and contact was made by two of the four....... for the most part I was alone..... and it was ok..... well... the alone part was due to Suzanne's sister's health issues overcame her. She passed in the early morning hours of Jan. 26...... I did not go to the hospital where it all happened.... I suppose it was pretty selfish in a lot of ways.... but... I just prefer to avoid and not deal with the "outlaw siblings" and their off-spring these days.... It is just unbearable.
The funeral was on the 30th and I helped out with being a pall bearer..... not an easy task these days.... but... I have always believed that it is the last service you can provide someone.... a last token of respect.... #2 helped as well....
The month of February has been a quick pass this time around. It is short by nature.... and given that today is the 25th.... only three full days remain after today. The weather has been running incredibly warm. Many many days into the upper 60s here over the past week and a half or so. The trees have begun to bud out and ... .well.... Just unbelievable for Northwest Ohio in the final days of February.... Oh and btw... as I am typing this entry it has begun to snow... Windy, flurries, and just cold on tap for the day.
#2 has been on the road several times in the past 30 days or so.... Mississippi, Iowa, .... and back to Mississippi for the past week and a half or so..... He seems to be pleased..... but not so happy with the length of time he is away on this particular job site. He calls/communicates daily.... He has no idea how significant he is in giving me a sliver of hope. Sometimes I stress mightily when he travels.... but... I must learn to become a little more positive about the opportunities that he is gaining ground on and the potential risk encountered.
#1..... hmmmm.... well it is easy... to sum this situation up since Jan. 15...... _______ . And that sums it up... I am still on the outside..... way way way on the outside. ..... I have virtually nothing to lose. Maybe one of these days soon.... I will force the issue..... What little bit of information I do glean... .comes from her Instagram and Blog..... I don't know..... much.... but I do know one thing.... I want to know what I did to be treated as I am being treated..... It is agonizing..... and I am not certain that I can endure it much longer without responding...... in a civil manner.
School is plodding along.... and the clock is running...... Under seventy days for the AP exams.... I seem to be on target with US History... and only a little behind in AP Government. I have managed to toss a few things and I hope to daily to do more of that..... I must I must I must begin .... time to minimize the "stuff".....
I am glad that I have finally pushed past the whiny reasons not to stop here.... and add a few lines.... I suspect that I will be back again soon... as I organize my thoughts and wander through the shadows of my mind..... But before I do, it is imperative that I share that I have purchased a HP computer from Office Depot.... and.... it is running system 10 and ..... I am learning. I had just reached the point where I could not adequately function with the 1521s...... I can listen to music.... but.... it was time and the price/features for what I do was far too difficult to pass on. So this is the first entry from the new machine.... I must think of a name for it...... Maybe I will drop a new name later today.... but nothing comes to me at the moment.
Peace... and see you sooner than later.
We have a new President of the United States.... It seems to me to be some sort unbelievable event. It has made me question everything I know about teaching American Government. Very very unsettling. I suspect that it would be incredibly wise to go to a summer institute to gauge what the best way to teach it now.... But then again.... I as much as I would like to go to San Diego, I sincerely believe that I am not of the frame of mind to cope with that.
Let's start with 56...... Fifty-six arrived and departed, and contact was made by two of the four....... for the most part I was alone..... and it was ok..... well... the alone part was due to Suzanne's sister's health issues overcame her. She passed in the early morning hours of Jan. 26...... I did not go to the hospital where it all happened.... I suppose it was pretty selfish in a lot of ways.... but... I just prefer to avoid and not deal with the "outlaw siblings" and their off-spring these days.... It is just unbearable.
The funeral was on the 30th and I helped out with being a pall bearer..... not an easy task these days.... but... I have always believed that it is the last service you can provide someone.... a last token of respect.... #2 helped as well....
The month of February has been a quick pass this time around. It is short by nature.... and given that today is the 25th.... only three full days remain after today. The weather has been running incredibly warm. Many many days into the upper 60s here over the past week and a half or so. The trees have begun to bud out and ... .well.... Just unbelievable for Northwest Ohio in the final days of February.... Oh and btw... as I am typing this entry it has begun to snow... Windy, flurries, and just cold on tap for the day.
#2 has been on the road several times in the past 30 days or so.... Mississippi, Iowa, .... and back to Mississippi for the past week and a half or so..... He seems to be pleased..... but not so happy with the length of time he is away on this particular job site. He calls/communicates daily.... He has no idea how significant he is in giving me a sliver of hope. Sometimes I stress mightily when he travels.... but... I must learn to become a little more positive about the opportunities that he is gaining ground on and the potential risk encountered.
#1..... hmmmm.... well it is easy... to sum this situation up since Jan. 15...... _______ . And that sums it up... I am still on the outside..... way way way on the outside. ..... I have virtually nothing to lose. Maybe one of these days soon.... I will force the issue..... What little bit of information I do glean... .comes from her Instagram and Blog..... I don't know..... much.... but I do know one thing.... I want to know what I did to be treated as I am being treated..... It is agonizing..... and I am not certain that I can endure it much longer without responding...... in a civil manner.
School is plodding along.... and the clock is running...... Under seventy days for the AP exams.... I seem to be on target with US History... and only a little behind in AP Government. I have managed to toss a few things and I hope to daily to do more of that..... I must I must I must begin .... time to minimize the "stuff".....
I am glad that I have finally pushed past the whiny reasons not to stop here.... and add a few lines.... I suspect that I will be back again soon... as I organize my thoughts and wander through the shadows of my mind..... But before I do, it is imperative that I share that I have purchased a HP computer from Office Depot.... and.... it is running system 10 and ..... I am learning. I had just reached the point where I could not adequately function with the 1521s...... I can listen to music.... but.... it was time and the price/features for what I do was far too difficult to pass on. So this is the first entry from the new machine.... I must think of a name for it...... Maybe I will drop a new name later today.... but nothing comes to me at the moment.
Peace... and see you sooner than later.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home