On the Passing of the Summer Solstice and Other Various Topics
Summer Solstice 2017 arrived yesterday on the Island at 12:24 a.m. Eastern Daylight Savings Time.
It was a day spent in solitude with two small exceptions.... The first was with the post office clerk when I dropped off the graduation card gifts and the second was with a friend who lives a few doors down. Summer Solstice is not something I usually enjoy. I associate it with the coming of darkness. Each day will now grow shorter and the nights will be longer..... Two things I have not done well with historically. Never the less, time marches relentlessly forward.
For the past two days Suzanne has been out on the road with her family. I have not done particularly well with this particular absence. I am not really sure as to why, but for some reason this time period has not been particularly productive. I suppose that is ok..... but... it leads to a great deal of introspective thought. Typically that is not a positive thing.
On Sunday June 11, I was fortunate to attend the Paul Simon concert at the Toledo Zoo Amphitheater. Section F Row B Seat 5. Boy in the Bubble.... Duncan.... American Tune... Still Crazy After All These Years..... Obvious Child....... Homeward Bound.... The Boxer.... and Sounds of Silence..... are among some of the ones that were influential.... Here is the actual set list. It was worth the cost... Paul Simon has always been a staple of my music consumption. It was surreal to see him standing there... and singing and playing it up. The crowd was a little older.... but there were some young ones as well....
Last week.... I had a root canal done. It had become a choice I had to make when it was keeping me up in the night.... I had a couple of really tough days prior and well.... it... just had to be done. Everyone associated with the event was very positive. They were even complimentary of me in that I had lived this long and not had one done.
The consumption of baseball is in full summer swing. The Orioles have been simply awful after a pretty positive start. The pitching is simply a mess. Injuries.... have been a major decimater.... Perhaps.... we will improve enough not to be embarrassing. We shall see.
It is June 22.... and the solstice has passed........ On towards darkness.....


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home