July...... Motivation, Birthdays, and a Uninvited Visitor....
We are now a full week into July and I have still not found my purpose for this summer. I have been spending way too much time with computer baseball.... I have spent very very little time cleaning and organizing...... I have spent even less time improving my conditioning..... I need to get going.
Today would have been my uncle's birthday. We always seemed to have some sort of a family gathering for him. It seems odd to me, because other than my grandparents on my mother's side.... Birthdays were a nuclear family sort of event. I can only assume that larger event was something that came from the Morton/Diehl side of events. None the less, Uncle Carson's birthday was usually tied to the Fourth of July celebration most times..... but not always....
This past Wednesday we had an uninvited visitor. I disposed of it. I am not 100% certain how entry was made, but I feel pretty confidently that it came in through the bedroom window behind the fan. It was brief and dramatic, the entire incident.... It is my sincere hope that it shall not happen again.... Now I need to stop hoping and start acting of the re-roofing project.... No excuses accepted.
The All-Star break is looming here.... It has always been sort of a turning point of most of my summers. Everything from appendicitis to San Diego.... The All-Star Break....
A couple of text exchanges last week have caused me to re-assess..... "Have a great day" .... I suspect that there is a new perspective on the horizon.... we shall see where it leads.
I have not heard from Aunt Orpha.... I sent a letter about two weeks ago.... I will follow up....
It is an exceptionally fine Saturday morning weather wise. Blue skies.... cool... maybe 65 or so.... a very light breeze.... I will head back to Bryan to mow today.... It is vital that I share my absolute joy that the mower has been perfect all summer..... The pessimist in me is waiting for the other shoe to fall and problems to return.... But... keep faith ... who knows.... maybe it will work out for the better this mowing season.
Today would have been my uncle's birthday. We always seemed to have some sort of a family gathering for him. It seems odd to me, because other than my grandparents on my mother's side.... Birthdays were a nuclear family sort of event. I can only assume that larger event was something that came from the Morton/Diehl side of events. None the less, Uncle Carson's birthday was usually tied to the Fourth of July celebration most times..... but not always....
This past Wednesday we had an uninvited visitor. I disposed of it. I am not 100% certain how entry was made, but I feel pretty confidently that it came in through the bedroom window behind the fan. It was brief and dramatic, the entire incident.... It is my sincere hope that it shall not happen again.... Now I need to stop hoping and start acting of the re-roofing project.... No excuses accepted.
The All-Star break is looming here.... It has always been sort of a turning point of most of my summers. Everything from appendicitis to San Diego.... The All-Star Break....
A couple of text exchanges last week have caused me to re-assess..... "Have a great day" .... I suspect that there is a new perspective on the horizon.... we shall see where it leads.
I have not heard from Aunt Orpha.... I sent a letter about two weeks ago.... I will follow up....
It is an exceptionally fine Saturday morning weather wise. Blue skies.... cool... maybe 65 or so.... a very light breeze.... I will head back to Bryan to mow today.... It is vital that I share my absolute joy that the mower has been perfect all summer..... The pessimist in me is waiting for the other shoe to fall and problems to return.... But... keep faith ... who knows.... maybe it will work out for the better this mowing season.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home