51-35-and the Weather
I have been a very poor blogger.... I have not visited nor posted for the entire month of August. No excuses.... none.... just need to turn it around and be a better participant.
This past week marked to return to school. It has been a fairly smooth start. I have two world history, two American government, and of course APUSH and AP Gov't..... I like the spacing of my schedule. Class - AI - Planning - Class - Lunch - Class. I have a feeling that I actually have a chance to end the day with a little gas in the tank.
Thursday was my first day with students this year. It marked my personal 51st opening day and my 35th as a teacher. I must admit to being a little surprised that I am back for this year. 50 opening days seemed like a logical cut point.... It is my 35th as a teacher... wow... 32 at my current school/position. It marks the final year in the building as it currently exists. The renovations are coming at a fast and furious pace.
A quick note here on the weather..... The past two or three days, it has been very fallish. In the morning temperatures are in the upper 40's and the daytime highs do not reach 80. Friday's football game started at an incredible 68 degrees. Week 1.... 68 degrees.... I personally believe it was the coolest week 1 in my memory...... There has also been a major weather event in the Gulf of Mexico.... Texas was hit with a hurricane named Harvey. The forecast is for it to sit and spin for the next couple of days.... unbelievable amounts of rain....
#2 spent last week in Jacksonville, Florida working.... #1 and his new family took off Wednesday for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico for seven days..... #2's bride began her student teaching assignment..... Plenty happening with the young folks....
I believe that I will be heading to Bryan today to cut grass. Hopefully the rain will stay away...
I have been home alone since Friday night. Suzannne has gone to tend to her mom who is coming off an eye procedure.
Seems that I am the one that is anchored.... as in stuck in the mud....
This past week marked to return to school. It has been a fairly smooth start. I have two world history, two American government, and of course APUSH and AP Gov't..... I like the spacing of my schedule. Class - AI - Planning - Class - Lunch - Class. I have a feeling that I actually have a chance to end the day with a little gas in the tank.
Thursday was my first day with students this year. It marked my personal 51st opening day and my 35th as a teacher. I must admit to being a little surprised that I am back for this year. 50 opening days seemed like a logical cut point.... It is my 35th as a teacher... wow... 32 at my current school/position. It marks the final year in the building as it currently exists. The renovations are coming at a fast and furious pace.
A quick note here on the weather..... The past two or three days, it has been very fallish. In the morning temperatures are in the upper 40's and the daytime highs do not reach 80. Friday's football game started at an incredible 68 degrees. Week 1.... 68 degrees.... I personally believe it was the coolest week 1 in my memory...... There has also been a major weather event in the Gulf of Mexico.... Texas was hit with a hurricane named Harvey. The forecast is for it to sit and spin for the next couple of days.... unbelievable amounts of rain....
#2 spent last week in Jacksonville, Florida working.... #1 and his new family took off Wednesday for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico for seven days..... #2's bride began her student teaching assignment..... Plenty happening with the young folks....
I believe that I will be heading to Bryan today to cut grass. Hopefully the rain will stay away...
I have been home alone since Friday night. Suzannne has gone to tend to her mom who is coming off an eye procedure.
Seems that I am the one that is anchored.... as in stuck in the mud....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home