On Homecoming and Other Assorted Topics
Surprise.....
Back within a week to visit the Island.
It is homecoming night at the school where I teach. It is difficult what it means to the students.... I believe that it just may mean more to the parents....
I am in somewhat of a foul frame of mind....
First of all.... my sister-in-law passed away this week. I have been a sounding board for my brother... And for the most part all has been smooth..... Now in the past 48-72 hours he has done an about face on many things.... I almost question if his stress has clouded his judgment. At the same time.... I am not in his shoes...... I just know that everything is measured through "how much does it cost". I also fear that he may view her passing as a way to improve his financial situation.
I just know... that i don't like the feel of the situation
I have been struggling at school to find any rhythm.... I have a couple of very good days.... followed by a couple of awful days.... and well.... just no rhythm.
Baseball post season is in full swing.... I like this time of year..... It sure would have been nice to see Baltimore or Detroit.... or even the Giants.... but... as poorly as all three of them played.... I am certain that none of them are even remotely deserving.
well... time to get around for football timing responsibilities.....
Tomorrow to South Vienna..... and... hopefully Sunday..... dinner with Shali....
Back within a week to visit the Island.
It is homecoming night at the school where I teach. It is difficult what it means to the students.... I believe that it just may mean more to the parents....
I am in somewhat of a foul frame of mind....
First of all.... my sister-in-law passed away this week. I have been a sounding board for my brother... And for the most part all has been smooth..... Now in the past 48-72 hours he has done an about face on many things.... I almost question if his stress has clouded his judgment. At the same time.... I am not in his shoes...... I just know that everything is measured through "how much does it cost". I also fear that he may view her passing as a way to improve his financial situation.
I just know... that i don't like the feel of the situation
I have been struggling at school to find any rhythm.... I have a couple of very good days.... followed by a couple of awful days.... and well.... just no rhythm.
Baseball post season is in full swing.... I like this time of year..... It sure would have been nice to see Baltimore or Detroit.... or even the Giants.... but... as poorly as all three of them played.... I am certain that none of them are even remotely deserving.
well... time to get around for football timing responsibilities.....
Tomorrow to South Vienna..... and... hopefully Sunday..... dinner with Shali....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home