On Lions and Lambs, April, State Basketball and Other Fine Topics
One month to the day since I have visited the Island. A few things have happened in March, and I would like wander through them now....
On Lions and Lambs...... This year, March did not adhere to the conventional wisdom because it certainly arrived as a lion and promptly exited like a lion.... Windy, cold.... and gray..... is the best way to describe the last month and a half.... just dreary..... It doesn't appear that April will be much of a change of direction. Snow in the forecast well into the month.... Dreary...
Had the opportunity to attend the finals of the Boys' State Basketball Tournament. Son #2 led the way.... he had gone to Columbus to buy the tickets ahead of time, and I took care of securing the hotel room..... He and his bride asked one of her friends to come along. #2 and bride took in all 12. Friend joined in on Friday and she ended up taking in eight. I arrived on Saturday morning and took in four. The games were ok.... the first one on Saturday was a 2 OT.... Marion Local in Division 4. Division 3 was ok.... and Division 2 was an old rematch between Trotwood-Madison and Akron SVSM. Akron played well and won... It was their 8th state championship. More than any school in the history of Ohio High School history. The Division I game was ok.... as Cincinnati Moeller knocked off #1 Solon.... The seat was in 225 J #4. It was agonizing...... Oh well... still quality time with #2.... and in an age where I never see #1, it is humbling to spend time with #2. I literally live for it.
I have been on spring break this week. It was uneventful other than the major purge that took place in my classroom and in the department closet. An entire dumpster was filled. I have another round coming up..... and the APUSH hall of fame is directly in the cross-hairs. That will be brutal. Simply brutal.
My frame of mind is not something I am proud of these days. I can barely remember being more negative. For instance..... tomorrow was listed as a Teacher work day on the district calender. So... I am thinking that means I must report. Instead I find out yesterday that it is our exchange day and that we do not have to appear. FRUSTRATING. So.... I ask my teaching colleagues about the plan for Monday's in service. Only to find out that on the district website.... it states "exchange day" Very upsetting..... I just don't think I am aware of what is going on.
One of my closest colleagues decided that he would skip the last work day before break.... More frustration. Those who follow policy and those who do not. And the morale continues to spiral down.
I am not looking forward to meeting about my future in the basketball program. Morale..... fading away....
Frame of mind has not been this poor since the final days of Athletic Directing.
And it isn't even an April Fools joke....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home