Friday, June 22, 2018

Ten

Ten

Ten years have now passed since Kevin left the Island for California.  Ten.  

Last night after posting here on the Island, I wandered through a few June posts from the past.  I came across June 22, 2008.  And there it was... ten years later, here we are.  I tried to count up how many times he returned since.  The number I keep coming up with is 4.  Speaks volumes. 

The single most difficult thing I have ever had to endure in my life is his chosen absence.  I can not resolve it in my head, and he won't communicate.  The gap grows wider every day.   Every day.  I simply don't understand. 

It has been a dreary, rainy, breezy day.  It is definitely appropriate for the 10 year anniversary. It describes exactly how I feel inside when I think of California.  

10.....   

Enough.... of dwelling on that for now....  


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home