July 2018
It has been an eventful beginning to the month of July.
But.... and it is a big but.... It would only be appropriate to acknowledge that the Island has turned 12 as of July 1. The Island has been a faithful friend. It has revealed a great deal of my mind and more importantly a refuge from the outside. Thank you for providing the service.
Well let's see. Let's start with the passing of the refrigerator. It simply wasn't keeping things cool. By the end it lost all ability to even keep anything chilled. So off to Appliance Center we went. Ordered a replacement. Whirlpool double doors. But... it was interesting to note that the store did not carry any white refrigerators because they are just not that popular. So.... we had to order one to be delivered from Columbus. The salesman said that it would take about 6 to 10 days until delivery. We didn't like that, but could deal with that. So..... when the 10th day passed..... a phone call was made. The customer service department said it would be an additional 3 to 5. I calmly explained that the purchase would be delivered and working properly by sundown on Monday July 9, or the deal is over. Saturday at 2:35 the deal was completed. It is nice. Almost the same as our previous resident. It is especially nice to have an interior light. Win (so far)
I had a melt down over #1. I was blown off for three days after a couple of questions were asked. Simple questions. Yes/No types. I drafted a letter that I did not send. The topic was ghosting. I suppose the saving event was a call the next day. I have vowed that things must change. I can not properly function in the ghost mode. It was interesting that Jacqueline texted a couple riddles towards me. Interesting..... interesting
We have purchased and installed a portable air conditioner. I am not a fan. It is loud and I hate being boxed in a room. The idea of having to close the door doesn't sit particularly well with me.
These days for some reason are filled with anxiety. I suspect that a pitfall is ahead.
31 years ago today my Grandpa Morton passed. I have been thinking about him a great deal today. What I truly miss is his steady demeanor. Miss you Poppo.
Peace.
But.... and it is a big but.... It would only be appropriate to acknowledge that the Island has turned 12 as of July 1. The Island has been a faithful friend. It has revealed a great deal of my mind and more importantly a refuge from the outside. Thank you for providing the service.
Well let's see. Let's start with the passing of the refrigerator. It simply wasn't keeping things cool. By the end it lost all ability to even keep anything chilled. So off to Appliance Center we went. Ordered a replacement. Whirlpool double doors. But... it was interesting to note that the store did not carry any white refrigerators because they are just not that popular. So.... we had to order one to be delivered from Columbus. The salesman said that it would take about 6 to 10 days until delivery. We didn't like that, but could deal with that. So..... when the 10th day passed..... a phone call was made. The customer service department said it would be an additional 3 to 5. I calmly explained that the purchase would be delivered and working properly by sundown on Monday July 9, or the deal is over. Saturday at 2:35 the deal was completed. It is nice. Almost the same as our previous resident. It is especially nice to have an interior light. Win (so far)
I had a melt down over #1. I was blown off for three days after a couple of questions were asked. Simple questions. Yes/No types. I drafted a letter that I did not send. The topic was ghosting. I suppose the saving event was a call the next day. I have vowed that things must change. I can not properly function in the ghost mode. It was interesting that Jacqueline texted a couple riddles towards me. Interesting..... interesting
We have purchased and installed a portable air conditioner. I am not a fan. It is loud and I hate being boxed in a room. The idea of having to close the door doesn't sit particularly well with me.
These days for some reason are filled with anxiety. I suspect that a pitfall is ahead.
31 years ago today my Grandpa Morton passed. I have been thinking about him a great deal today. What I truly miss is his steady demeanor. Miss you Poppo.
Peace.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home