Saturday, August 03, 2019

August Has Arrived

Seems odd....

Whenever August has arrived in the past, it has always brought with it the mounting anxiety of starting the new school year in about three weeks or so.  This year with the September start, the anxiety has not increased as of yet.

There are a few items on the agenda for this coming week.  On Monday, the neurologist. On Tuesday, Dr. Ewry and a round with STRS on retirement.  On Wednesday physical therapy. On Thursday nothing, and on Friday physical therapy. I must admit the STRS piece is probably the most stressing. I have decided to move forward with the retirement piece. I am 95% certain that this is it.  Agonizing.

The weather has been exceptionally nice.  This is the third consecutive day where it is in the low 60s to start and then top out at about 84 or so.  A very nice breeze included.

Suzanne's sister has come for a visit. It is just different having another person in the house.  Not bad, not good, just different.

On the baseball front, the Orioles did not make any moves of note at the trade deadline. They have some how managed to stay a few games ahead of Detroit in the win column. The pitching is not very reliable, but I will say that they have been overall more competitive here the past three weeks or so.

My 40th class reunion is going on this weekend. There were a few photos posted on facebook.  Once again, I have chosen to not participate.  I just can not face that crowd given the current physical condition.

Hang in there.... keep getting stronger....  get ready for the final year of your chosen career.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home