Failure.... October 2019
One thing.... the Island.... I had simple thing to keep in order and I dropped the ball..... I missed the month of October on the Island. 12 years of keeping things at least somewhat in order.... and I dropped the ball.
Sad.
November is now here.... Tuesday was the sixth anniversary of dad passing away. Tomorrow will be the sixth anniversary of his burial. I think of him every day. It never seems like his passing is really all that far gone.... but it grows with every tick of the clock.
The fall leaf show has been one of the best in years. I suspect that it has something to do with the fact that we are about 8 or 9 inches of rain above normal for the year. While I have not been able to get out and snap many..... I have picnicked a few times and driven along the river.
I have been solo this weekend. Suzanne has been back in Sherwood since Friday. I have tried to be a little more active around the house, but for the most part I have not been all that successful. Willie and Shali are coming back today from visiting her brother in Kalamazoo. Willie is going to help put the window and air conditioning unit back in order. I want to have things a little more cleaned up when they arrive.
School is plodding along. I am making pretty good time with apush and ap govt. We are just two months away from moving into the new building. I dread it.
I am not particularly good these days.... my feet are bad..... and my balance is poor accordingly. I am not particularly fond of the idea that winter and darkness are picking up speed.
It is still very unsettling that I missed stopping in for the month of October.... I certainly can not use lack of time as an excuse. I just didn't do it.
Look for ways to stay positive... it isn't always... my strongest trait.
Sad.
November is now here.... Tuesday was the sixth anniversary of dad passing away. Tomorrow will be the sixth anniversary of his burial. I think of him every day. It never seems like his passing is really all that far gone.... but it grows with every tick of the clock.
The fall leaf show has been one of the best in years. I suspect that it has something to do with the fact that we are about 8 or 9 inches of rain above normal for the year. While I have not been able to get out and snap many..... I have picnicked a few times and driven along the river.
I have been solo this weekend. Suzanne has been back in Sherwood since Friday. I have tried to be a little more active around the house, but for the most part I have not been all that successful. Willie and Shali are coming back today from visiting her brother in Kalamazoo. Willie is going to help put the window and air conditioning unit back in order. I want to have things a little more cleaned up when they arrive.
School is plodding along. I am making pretty good time with apush and ap govt. We are just two months away from moving into the new building. I dread it.
I am not particularly good these days.... my feet are bad..... and my balance is poor accordingly. I am not particularly fond of the idea that winter and darkness are picking up speed.
It is still very unsettling that I missed stopping in for the month of October.... I certainly can not use lack of time as an excuse. I just didn't do it.
Look for ways to stay positive... it isn't always... my strongest trait.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home