So Long 2019
December 31, 2019 has arrived and all of 2019 is about to depart. It has been an eventful year, and it is somewhat ironic that I will spend the last gasp of this year solo. I have spent other years solo, so that really isn't anything all that new, but given the circumstances of this year, I have really not spent all that much time solo.
Tomorrow Janus appears.... and along with Janus comes the annual looking back and peering into the future. So, I will not wander through the scope of this year until tomorrow. I will be tempted to wander through the decade and reflect a bit on it, but.... I will save that for tomorrow.
I will spend a few minutes reflecting on the opportunity that was presented and then sort of retracted by #1. He called and stated that he was going to be in Nashville and if anyone wanted to meet up, he would be available. So.... I contacted #2 and began to make arrangements. Only to find out that #1 had no details other than what his California family had planned for Nashville and could not guarantee us how much or if he was going to be available. After several days of hanging in limbo, we decided we were not truly welcome and made the decision not to go. I was not in the mix to go from the start. I am still not durable enough to ride for seven plus straight hours. But the others.... #2, #2's wife and Suzanne were primed and ready, only to be jerked around.
Disappointed doesn't even come close.
It snowed today.... about an inch.... maybe 2.... the wind is howling and winter was definitely in full gear. The air temp is about 30, but the 25 mph wind.... pushes the windchill right on down around 15. I just know that I am cold.
I knocked out an hour of professional development with a webinar this afternoon. It was fairly simple..... But not really a hands on sort of opportunity. Still it made me think about somethings that I have been doing, and realistically.... some things I have not been doing..... I am up to five hours now for the year. Two more to go.
Keep a smile on.... and wave good bye to 2019...... A year of many different faces.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home