Pandemic, End of March, and #500
Well.... where to begin?
We have not been in school since March 13. The state of Ohio and many other states have issued shelter-in-place orders and the Coruna Virus or COVID 19 has run rampant across the globe and throughout the U.S. It has brought about a major cultural change. Beyond the death and illness, the implementation of social distancing has effectively put an end to spectator sports, church, and non essential business. The stock market has tanked, the government has passed a bill to pump more than 2 trillion dollars into the economy. Educational delivery is now by distance learning exclusively. The shelter-in-place has caused incredible economic upheaval with massive unemployment. It would be prudent to add that the grocery stores are devoid of toilet paper and cleaning supplies. There has been some hoarding and price gouging going on, but.... mostly it is disprupttful to the younger folks who are not able to assemble.
I have not ventured from the Island other than one trip that included the post office, bank, and grocery store parking lot. I am ok with it, but I suppose it would be fair to acknowledge I have been very limited on my out of the house excursions since Feb. 20, 2019. It is much more difficult for those who are out and on the run all the time.
#1 has communicated more since their visit at the start of the month. It is a good thing.
Keep a smile on..... as March fades away...... It was definitely a challenging month to the absolute least.
P.S. This is post #500. I am somewhat sad that I am not a more frequent visitor/poster to the Island, but for what it is worth, there are few things more valuable than the Island. I know historically, that I have always vowed to do better, but.... now it is time to stop vowing and start practicing. Thanks for stoppinng through and making 500 posts over the course of 12+ years.
Peace


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home