Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Mid April and Life During the Pandemic

Today is the halfway point of April.  The COVID-19 virus is still wreaking havoc around the planet.  Social Distancing is the key to having some sense of control of the outcome.    I have been particularly aware of not leaving the house. I don't really believe that I am at the level of risk as some, but... I well.. I well.. I well...  I don't see the need to taunt it either.

Suzanne has headed back to Sherwood for a couple of days again.  I am not a particular fan of her doing that and exposing not only herself, but also her mom. Let's just keep our fingers crossed and hope that the help that she renders is worth the risk.

Snowed today.  Pretty steady snow for about half an hour. Not unheard of, but definitely unusual.  April 15.

Speaking of April 15, it is Tax Day.  With the pandemic the date has been moved to July 15.  That is a good thing.  We have had our forms for some time, but have not taken a strong step towards completing the annual event.

It has been difficult to grasp the immense change that this event is going to cause in our culture.  We are just too close.  Some perspective will be needed to effectively gauge the impact.   On a personal note, I am certain that I have set a record for consecutive days inside the house.  It is nothing really to be proud of.

Endure Endure Endure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home