Wednesday, December 30, 2020

A Dreary December Day With Some Random Thoughts

 December 30, 2020

Colder.... windy.... wet.... overcast.... dreary.....

I thought it would be good to stop by the Island today and share a few details about things going on.  We'll see how it goes.

Yesterday was a physical therapy day.  I worked with Amanda again. It was interesting that a new technique was used to stimulate my feet after I inquired about a device/technique called a Power Plate.  I don't think the particular model that I was using was an official Power Plate, but more of a vibrating table that stimulates the nerve endings in your feet.  It was a game changer.  After about five to ten minutes I could feel my feet and I could walk without feeling off balance.   It was nice.   My next visit will be on January 4. 


Next topic.....  Basketball.  

It has been an unusual basketball season thus far.  Most of the uniqueness is due to restrictions related to the pandemic. I have yet to attend a game.  Admission is pretty much limited to immediate family members of teams and staff, along with the cheerleading parents.  They do allow a few media people in,  I subscribed to the NFHS network that carries athletic contests from around the country.  It interesting. Not all schools participate. Last night the JV and Varsity boys both beat Perrysburg. That is some good stuff.  Last time the JV beat the burgers was January of 2003.  Very memorable.  Today are the finals and consolation games.  The other teams that are part of the tournament are Clyde and Stritch. 

I have come across an interesting live camera feed of a bird feeding station near Akron.  Fascinating!


Last thought/topic.....

I have come to the conclusion that this holiday break has been overall a positive. It isn't because I have really done anything all that differently...  I just have been a little more relaxed this time around.  I do know that I am unhappy about not getting to Bryan. 

Peace.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home