A Fine May Day Weatherwise
Fair skies.... and 68.....
A classic May Day.
Usually I come here with a somewhat down beat frame of mind. Today I am somewhat positive, so it seemed like a good opportunity to stop by the Island and share a few thoughts about what is going on these days.
Tuesday was Promethean Night. It is always genuinely an honor to be a part of that event. I suspect I enjoy it because many many many of my best students get recognition. I will have to admit to physically struggling to make it through the ceremony which was in the new gymnasium. Yesterday I was pretty crippled up. Today.... while I am tired, I am not exhausted. It is kind of nice.
Just exchanged a text with my principal. Woodmore has been invited to the Sandusky Bay. He also shared with me that Oak Harbor has been invited to replace Woodmore. Elmwood left for the Blanchard Valley a month or two ago..... Now Woodmore to the SBC. Interesting. Also a quick mention that I saw on Twitter that Bruce Smith will be the next head basketball coach at Swanton. Interesting..... surprising.... and interesting.
Ma Bok has been hospitalized since Tuesday. Original plan was to do an upper GI..... only to find heart AFib. More tests and it appears that there are some other odds and ends.... but bottom line that there is blood leak issue somewhere.... The hospital is keeping her again tonight..... More details to come.
It is good to have a positive mind set today..... I have not had one for sometime..... Maybe it could even become a trend? We shall see... We shall see.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home