Thursday, June 17, 2021

85, 45, and a Little Doom and Gloom

 


Today would have been my mom's 85th birthday. I miss her.  I have been thinking about her quite a bit lately. June 17, 1936.

It is also the 45th anniversary of the darkest summer in my personal history. It was a dark time..... in some ways I feel the darkness creeping back in.....  different agents of doom, but the similarities are uncanny. 

I have been watching the Orioles regularly the past week or so. It has been brutal. They have been playing so poorly and have lost 18 consecutive road games. They are finishing up a four game series in Cleveland today.  I gave some serious thought to going to Cleveland today for the afternoon get-away day.  Average pitching and awful defense have been the problems as of late.  I do enjoy going, but I am not really up to the task.   Sad.

It is strange to be a regular visitor to the Island. Not in a bad way, but it is strange because I am seeking a release point.  Hopefully it will work out.

Stay calm, and enjoy the fine June day.  

Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home