A Rainy June 2nd
A steady rain is falling.
June 2, 2021. Day two on the disconnect. So far today I have worked on 1957, showered, took in a discussion between the Washington Post writer Frances Stead Sellers and Mitch Albom, transferred some money from checking to savings, played a couple of games of Yahtzee, rearranged some items around the workbench, and of course contemplated my future.
I took the liberty of transferring the entire pension payment into the savings account. My goal is to save as much of it as I possibly can and live off the rehire money for a year. It will be a challenge, but I think we can do it It will make the pain of the health insurance premiums a bit more tolerable. I have it in my head that if I can measure what comes in and out.... followed by some serious self discipline on what goes out, we can make this retirement thing work. I think my biggest concern is to discover where I am going to actually land with what comes in after all of the deductions. I am a bit fearful of the tax game, but I think I can manage it. The bigger goal of eliminating one house.... be it Rossford or be it Bryan.... we should be fine.
I am incredibly pleased with the fancy room in Rossford. There is no place like it in Bryan. But.... who is to say that we can't create a fancy room in Bryan. It is odd how it took so long to make the fancy room happen. Now it is a big card in my game of solitude. I come here and enjoy the light. Even if it is a dreary rainy day like today.... the light is good and the ambiance of the room is solitary in nature.
I suspect the rest of today will be spent in solitude. What will it bring? In the meantime, enjoy the rain drops....


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home