Tuesday, June 01, 2021

June and the Beginning of the Disconnect

 

June 1 has arrived.  I have also just completed my first day of disconnect from my teaching assignment. It is a very odd feeling. So far...  I don't really like it.

The ending of the school year was odd. My AP US class pulled a quick one on me and inducted me into the APUSH Hall of Fame. I am 100% certain that I don't belong... but I played nicely with others. It was difficult to sit while my teaching colleagues praised me. I don't like that sort of thing. The collection gift was truly remarkable. I sent a thank you email to the district.  It seemed practical since I have no idea who did and didn't pitch in.  I have already received a few replies, so.... I know that it went out effectively. 

On a different sort of note, I was able to drive the entire Northern Ohio cemetery tour on Saturday. I count it as a win!

I suspect that I will be spending more time here on the Island over the next 59 days. Being as I am disconnected.... I will need an anchor. The Island has always served that role for me.  No need looking for other anchors as of yet.

Smile.... tomorrow is June 2, 2021.  My college roommate will turn 60 tomorrow.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home