Friday, June 04, 2021

Noise

 

Noise......

I have noticed as of late, how much noise is being generated.  Some noise is from machinery.  Some noise is from nature. Some noise is certainly attributed to people. Often it is difficult to discern noise from information that may be valuable. One thing I have determined so far is that the volume of the noise does not necessarily indicate value. 

I have what I would consider a fairly close friend whom I grew up with in Bryan, Ohio. She lives alone and is retired.  Her heart is true. I fear that she is living only in an echo chamber. We exchange texts and often visit when we go back to Bryan.  Today she asked me to listen to a politically motivated podcast that suggests that the podcaster is in possession of definitive evidence that the 2020 election was hacked. I have long known that she consumes large amounts of television news from a very conservative based source. I am fearful that her faith in those news sources will harm our friendship and drive a wedge between us. It is a troubling development. 

It is somewhat upsetting that I did not visit the Island yesterday. Frankly yesterday was upsetting on many levels beyond just absence from the Island.  I pretty much checked out from the beginning. I spent the lion's share of the time finishing 1957 and starting 1958. We finished third. 

I was informed that I was going for a walk tonight.  While it is probably best for me..... I am certain that I don't want to. Cloudy skies for me both literally and figuratively. I suspect that most are sourced in being disconnected.  

Day four of disconnection. It is going to be a very long ride.  Hopefully the noise will not become unbearable. 

Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home