Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Bridge to the Unknown


 The bridge to the unknown. 

It is somewhat ironic that after being a classroom teacher for 38 years that I a consider this year to be the bridge to the unknown.  In some ways I have banked on familiarity of my job almost to a fault. I know where I am working every Monday through Friday. I know when I am working every day and the yearly calendar has been announced. I know who I am working with, well.... the basic data of name, age, address, and their cumulative academic performance.  Approximately 60% of my students will be with me for the second year or more. So there is obviously a great deal of familiarity that should make the way known.

Yet....knowing that this is the final year of what I have been for all of my adult life is unsettling. I got a little taste of it this summer with my 60 day disconnect. It is without hesitation that I can state that my time was incredibly unproductive.  Somehow I fear that is what waits at the end of the bridge, unproductiveness. 

----

Yesterday I had an appointment with the neurologist. I was a positive visit.  There has been improvement in my legs responding to the tuning fork that she uses to measure my nerve responses. It was so so with the stick test, but at the end of the appointment we agreed to not schedule a yearly unless something would change with the neuropathy.  She has been pleasant to work with and I especially like her demeanor. 

----

Rainy.... Humid... Hot.... August.... Hopefully the predicted break in the weather pattern will appear on Saturday.  

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home