Saturday, August 28, 2021

On Masks and Other Things

 


The pandemic is ramping itself back up, thanks to the Delta Variant.  Cases  are on the rise across the country. Ohio is on the rise, and Wood County is one of the highest in the State.  We opened the school year with a "masks optional" policy.  I would venture that somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-15% of the students chose to wear a mask.  I would venture that about 25% chose to wear a mask.  I chose to wear a mask when in the presence of students. This morning, our Board met and voted 3-2 to implement a mask mandate effective Monday morning. 

The debate/discussion prior to the vote was interesting. One board member is 100% opposed based on the principle of individual right to choose and harm that masks cause both psychologically and medically.  One member opposed mandatory masks for students 13 and over, but supported masks for all students under 12. The other other three approve total masking of all involved.  It was interesting to see the specific argument over the role of government. One side says government does not have the responsibility to intervene and the opposite side side said the government has the duty to protect not only the students but anyone who is fundamentally in peril.   Bottom line?   Masks on Monday.  

I am struggling today. I am tired. A five day week definitely exposed my lack of conditioning.  I have been doing some school work to try and get ahead a bit. I feel as if I barely scratched the surface. 

#2 mentioned that he is considering passing by tomorrow.   It would be good, except that the house is pretty cluttered.  :-(

Keep a smile on.... and concentrate on business at hand.... and hope that the 90+ heat and 70+ dewpoint makes a change of direction here in the next few days..... It has been rugged. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home