Hello September
September has arrived.
While September was an evil thing when I was the athletic director, during all other phases of my life I have always been a fan of the month. Typically the weather evens out with plenty of sunny days and the humidity begins to fade away.
School is plodding along this week. I have had some pretty solid lessons, and for the most part my students have been positive. There have been an unusual number of drops, but I suspect that many chose honors for show, rather than substance. We read, we write, we challenge, we think, and most of all we enjoy mixing it up. Double digit numbers have left me and migrated to Jim or Del. I am certain that it does not endear me to them, but if we are going to have honors, then the students need to demonstrate the difference and increase their performance.
Odd dreams the past few nights..... the most common thread has been in a familiar place in route to an unfamiliar place.... Hopefully it is just related to my uncertainty regarding my future after retirement. As each day passes, fewer and fewer things remain familiar. It concerns me that I am not paying close enough attention to the subtle changes and then suddenly.... I look around and wonder what happened. I have always valued my awareness..... now it seems to be slipping away from me. It is extremely unsettling.
SO...... Welcome September. Hopefully you will make us proud of you.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home