Exchange Day 2021
Today is my final exchange day of my teaching career.
Exchange day is the compensation for doing extra time during parent-teacher conferences the past two evenings. Wednesday I went to 7 pm and last night it was until 5:30. It seemed that the Wednesday sessions lasted forever. For the most part the day moved along pretty evenly on Thursday as my conferences were heavy early and then spread out through the rest of the time. Only one of the 13 conferences was smooth. One student had enlisted her parent to lobby for an A since she had never had anything less. I have some history with an older sister who was an honors student who struggled to maintain a B and eventually faded away.... Still it is noteworthy that I will not have a scheduled parent conference again. Seems odd to type that sentence. Over the hill and painfully on to the finish line.
Today has been low key and that has been welcomed. The past three weeks or so I have been battling a pretty severe case of cellulitis. I have been taking a pretty hefty dose of antibiotics.... and while I have been gaining on the infection, I have had some evil level side effects from nausea to the relentless itching that has driven me to the brink of insanity. Today is my first full day off the antibiotic.... and the nausea is gone, but the itching remains. It is reduced, but it is still there.... and I am weary of it.
It is the final week of the regular season of high school football. It has been two years now since I have timed. I must confess that I miss that a great deal after thirty plus years of doing that. Just another thing over the hill.... gone...
In the meantime..... hang right in there and try your best to limit the scratching..... no matter how badly it itches.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home