Sunday, January 09, 2022

A Little Slippery

 

A little bit of freezing rain made its way across the island last night.  While it wasn't a full blown ice storm or any quite like that, it was slippery and there were some accidents.  It was far slipperier to the West. They got about a tenth of an inch of ice on almost everything.  It was incredibly relaxing knowing that I did not have to battle any of that last night. It is almost calming to know that I can use the clock to deal with obstacles related to weather.  Although....  that kind of thinking can be dangerous.  We never have enough time that we can just wait it out.  The end is a real thing and it is steadily moving this way. 

Basketball last night at the new gym. The game itself was ugly. 75-36 final. There are definitely steps of quality amongst the teams of our conference. The bottom half is simply ugly.  I do not say that to be mean. I have been a part of some ugly, and I know ugly when see it. About four or five of the teams are simply ugly. I contemplating going as it was the dedication of the hospitality room to the Marquette family in honor of Coach Cot Marquette. Watching the game on the NFHS network stream sufficed. 

I have had a little bit of improvement with my endurance and locomotion as of late. Hopefully it isn't a false sense of security.  I can somewhat feel my feet.  That is nice.  Now..... if I could only purge this nasty reaction to the doxycycline antibiotic. That stuff worked twice, but twice it has been more of a curse than the problem it arrived to deal with.  No more of that stuff for this fella. 

Let us have a quality week ahead. With a good week... January will be half gone. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home