Sunday, March 13, 2022

Fort Wayne and a Dose of Courage

 


Today will involve a road trip to Fort Wayne, Indiana. 

A funeral home visit to see my best friend while growing up. His wife passed March 5 due to cancer. My friend revealed to me that they had been battling cancer for seven months. I was caught off guard earlier this week when he texted me with details on today's gathering. I am taking it that he would like me to come.  

Without a doubt, it makes me incredibly anxious on a few different fronts.  First.... the weather will be switching back and forth between snow and rain..... I don't like that.  Secondly.... my endurance to drive to and back are definitely in question.  Thirdly..... I don't like Fort Wayne in general. I lost my father there and to be frank, I just don't have many positive memories of Fort Wayne, Indiana. 

Never the less, I am going to utilize a long missing trait of mine, courage. I have lacked it for some time, and it is obvious that without it I am nothing but a shadow. Time to tap into some substance and do what is right even if it is uncomfortable. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home