Sunday, March 06, 2022

Reflections on Yesterday

 

March 5 is becoming more and more troubling.

Yesterday was the 8th anniversary of my mentor passing. Yesterday I learned that my best friend from younger days' wife passed.  I am not much of a fan of that March 5th stuff if it is going to act like that. 

On top of such a day, yesterday.....  I did virtually nothing. I cleaned up a few grades and answered a few emails, but went horizontal early and just rode out the clock.


Yesterday was the final home game coached by Mike Krzyzewski for Duke. There was obviously quite a celebration complete with many many many former players. He kept emphasizing that he was concerned that the hoopla would distract his players from the game. 

I have sort of been following along since I have always admired him since seeing him back in the 90s at the Cleveland Nike Basketball Clinics. I suppose I am tuned into him since he is retiring. He has shared some outlooks on his future..... Most involve his family and specifically his grandchildren.  It seems that he is mostly at peace with it.  Perhaps he will provide me some insight. He seems to be genuinely wise. 

March 5...   not a particularly welcome day....   hopefully I will make the most out of the March 6th that I have been granted. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home