April and Absence
April has arrived. It has been a little more than two weeks since I have stopped by the Island. I regret that.
The Island has been more active in 2022. This two week stretch is one of the longest absences of the year. Let's see what has transpired since my last visit.
1. The boys basketball tournament has come and gone. Zero games attended. Simply unbelievable. State champions were Pickerington Central, Akron St. Vincent, Cincinnati Taft, and Richmond Heights. The only Northwest Ohio's Ottawa Glandorf made the finals that were held in Dayton this year. The State Tournament was always one thing that I truly looked forward to. Now.... but a distant memory. It is somewhat noteworthy that this was the 100th year that the tournament has been held. It is also noteworthy that Coach Vorst brought me tournament program. I was/am sincerely grateful.
School is plodding along.... towards the finish line. We are one week out from Spring Break. I have met with the principal and guidance about next year's scheduling for the Social Studies Department. AP Government has died. There was no reason to bring it back. How sickening. Maybe the bigger question to consider is was it ever wanted. Bottom line? It was wrong.... simply wrong to kill it without a single discussion. Make no mistake.... Lisa drives the bus. She drove over and then backed over the AP program at Rossford High School. I take it personally.
The Baseball program is hosting the Jerry Baumgartner Invitational this weekend out at the Glenwood Complex. Big time programs in town for the event. Walsh Jesuit, Canfield, Lakewood St. Ed, Massillon Jackson, AW, Clay, Akron Hoban etc.... Fascinating.... simply fascinating. The weather was unusually cold this morning but games began as scheduled beginning at 9:30 a.m.
Suzanne has gone off to a wedding shower in Lakewood. I am heading to the tax man this afternoon at 4.
I am sad. I can't find the courage to condition. It is really distressing. I must do something about it as soon as possible.
Thanks Island for listening...... it is reassuring to know that you are so reliable.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home