Saturday, April 09, 2022

Spiraling Downward

 

Spiraling downward....

That is me as of late.  The closer I come to the end of my teaching career, the faster the descent into ugly. It has become obvious to me that it is time to be gone. I am no longer on the same philosophical plane as my elementary/special education colleagues that want to coddle every student in every situation.  Perhaps I am just not understanding. Who will coddle these students in the future when they are adults? Who?   

It has also become painfully obvious that our elementary driven administration does not embrace academic rigor. The academic expectations have been on the wane for sometime, but those expectations have totally dried up.  It is time for me to spiral downward. 

Spring Break has arrived. I must do some walking this week to prepare for the upcoming event on April 21 at the Awards night. I have been looking over a variety of walking sticks.   It is time to pull the trigger and pick one. Pride be damned .....  I am not willing to fall while walking to the auditorium.  That just isn't a good look. On any level.  Period.

Major League Baseball opened its season this past Thursday. The Orioles opened yesterday afternoon in Tampa.   Orioles lost 2-1.   It is going to be a long season.

#2 sent me a heartbeat audio yesterday.  It was staggering. Old Willie is jacked up.   It is a good thing. 

Meanwhile.... #1 continues to grow farther and farther away.  I truly suspect that things are not going quite as well as expected health wise for his friend.  I have been directly blocked, and can only gather information from those who are not. It it less than an ideal way to discover what is happening in Kevin's world.  I would truly like to know the reasoning behind being blocked. Disturbing to say the least. 

Snowflakes this morning....  Welcome to Spring Break...... Northwest Ohio style. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home