Saturday, May 07, 2022

Moving Along In May

 


May.....  Such a historically significant month. Pinnacles and chasms.

The first seven days have been a grind. At school, I have faced the steady march towards the end while enduring being a lame duck. Students have been pretty solid, but I am fading fast.  As to my physical state, my balance is back to being unreliable mostly do to lack of feeling in my feet.  My physical leg strength is not getting any better, but then, I have not done much to improve the strength either.  I suppose it is a classic case of you get what you pay for. 

The social uproar over the pending overturning of Roe v. Wade has people on edge. Students who typically do not give a damn about anything news related are asking literally tons of questions. After reading through some Twitter posts and a few articles in the Washington Post (along with the comments) I am more than a little anxious. The topic is deep and their really isn't much if any middle ground on the issue.  The public response to it is unnerving at best. 

I have been struggling today.  Hopefully tomorrow I will make a turn for the better, given the weather forecast. I could use a good day..... it doesn't have to be a great one, but I would really welcome a good one.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home