Baseball and Other Reflections
The major league baseball all-star game is not far off. The mid point of summer .... and well.... I have been consuming a large amount of baseball so far this summer. It is somewhat remarkable that I came into the season feeling indifferent about baseball in general. It has always for as long as I can remember enjoyed the game a great deal. I just wasn't feeling it early..... but I have definitely been gaining enthusiasm as the season has progressed. My MLBtv account is utilized. Mostly I watch the Orioles, but from time to time I take in other games. This afternoon I am watching Kansas City at Houston. Justin Verlander is pitching for the Astros. Good stuff, although it seems odd to me that he is one of the oldest players in MLB. I have taken to keeping a book for the Orioles' games that I watch. I like it. It keeps me in the game. I bought a bale of 10 Peterson's Scorebooks, and am only two games from filling up the first book. Nothing quite like documenting my leisure time.
Scores were posted on Tuesday on the results from the 2022 AP Government and Politics class. 3 fives, 3 fours, 2 threes and a single 2. Class mean was a 4.00 .... Global mean was 2.58.... Ohio mean was 2.72. Class percentage that scored 3 or higher was 88.9. Global mean was 48.6 and Ohio mean was 53.3. I am exceptionally proud of this group. We would have scored even higher if one student would have stayed through the course, and probably our second best student in the class would have been able to take the exam, but could not due to his father passing just a few days prior to the exam. Consider that the best APUSH student from the prior year was 100% CCP and a lock to score at least a four this year was not in this year's class. Special group. Great results.
Just stopping through the Island on an average July afternoon. Perhaps a bit cooler than most July days as the temperature is supposed to only top out at 82, but.... a fine mostly sunny day, and that is just fine by me.
In the meantime, keep a smile on and be grateful.
Peace


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home