Sunday, November 06, 2022

After the Gale


 Yesterday the gales of November visited Windsor Island. The gusts peaked out at 65 mph, but most of the event was sustained between 25 and 30 miles per hour. Leaves flying northward compliments of a relentless southern wind. It seemed odd to me that the weather event came from the south.  The air temperature hovered around 70 degrees all day and into the evening. My anxiety level was definitely up. I always anticipate the worst possible scenarios.  Fortunately the house and the two trees in the front yard sustained no noticeable damage.  A win for the Island. 

Today is an incredibly calm sunny morning.  The winds are literally zero. The sun is bright, and with the time change to standard time, a pleasing earlier sunrise.  The downside will arrive tonight at 5:22 p.m.  Not pleasant. Not pleasant at all. 

Spending this weekend alone has been a little different than most of the other solo weekends.  I embraced eating on a regular schedule both Friday and Saturday. This morning I made the weekly trip with the Sonata to the corner of Buck Road and Lime City Road for my usual drive through Sunday morning breakfast. Gratefully there were no issues. I parked on the North side of the drive for a change of pace.  Pretty radical behavior eh?  (wow).

#2 and family paid a visit on Friday afternoon. It was nice.  Ms. Allison was a month old and growing at a pretty good rate.  Good stuff and #2 has been magnificent in helping take care of her.  Win Win Win. 

Last evening, I stumbled across an episode of the American Experience from PBS on the Carter Family. Thoroughly enjoyed it. There were many parallels to the lives of my dad's side  I did not know much about that generation of the Carter family.  I enjoyed it.   

Wow... Reading back through this entry, it seems quite a bit more upbeat than I can remember. Maybe I can find way to maintain it.  Perhaps it is all about the effort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home