Sunday, March 19, 2023

Magical March Madness 2023

 


It is that time of the year.  The OHSAA Boys Basketball State Tournament and the first rounds of the NCAA Tournament are taking place this weekend.  I am not in attendance in Dayton and at the state finals for the fourth consecutive year.  I genuinely doubt that I will ever attend again.  How lucky was I to be able to attend all the different years that I was able to go.   I am certain that the best years were when it was just four of us going....... now it is zero.   That is a sad thing, but it is extremely real. 

As for the NCAA part of this equation, I have watched far more than I have in a long long time. There have been quite a few upsets.  Most notable of the upsets was Farleigh Dickinson a 16 seed bouncing #1 seed Purdue in the opening game.  Princeton a 15 seed as worked their way into the Sweet 16.  I do not really have a team to follow this year, but I have been watching.  I also took in the University of Toledo women's game with Iowa State. The 12 seed Rockets upset the Cyclones. It is especially noteworthy that a former student starts and plays a significant amount for the Rockets. I taught her as a sophomore.  

Suzanne has been in Defiance, Ney, Sherwood, Bryan, and Paulding for the weekend. I have not done a particularly good job staying in rhythm. I have not maintained anything close to a regular eating schedule.  Just not into it.

March Madness.  I have it, but not as strong as in the past. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home