March Arrives
58 degrees and a sunny day.
To say that I am disappointed that I didn't take advantage of the weather today would be a gross understatement. None the less as fine a March Day as you will ever see in northwest Ohio.
Last night I consumed one and a half basketball games on the laptop. First up the second half of the Bryan vs. Akron St. Vincent/St. Mary. Golden Bear women play a great first half and hung on to win 44-43 to win a spot to the Regional final. The game was played at Mansfield Senior. The full game consumption was Ohio University at Kent State. Flashes won.
An odd situation I feel compelled to share on the Island happened this past Saturday. On Friday I was invited by the boys' assistant to dig into Wauseon video. I regret that I didn't wait to get approval from the head coach. I was then sort of invited to a skull session on Sunday morning. Well .... it was supposed to kick off at 10. I made arrangements to participate via zoom after finding out that the meeting was going to be in Oregon not in the new Danny's. Well.... the link and the invite to zoom never materialized nor did any sort of a call explaining why. I did exchange a text with the original inviter, only to be informed that it had been a "Good heated meeting". I have to admit to feeling a bit disrespected. I sent my scouting comments via email to the head coach and received a reply of thanks... If I were a betting man, I would wager that the realization that every game now may be his last for both his son and himself as Brian has on several occasions stated that this season would be the last. Speaking from experience..... not an easy road to travel both during and after.
So... .March Madness is now upon us. Try to enjoy if you can.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home