Thursday, June 08, 2023

38th and Smoke


 Thirty-eight years ago today I married.  She has been a godsend to me. She has tolerated far more than anyone else would have from me. In many ways I feel that I have let her down and that I am not worthy of the love and devotion that she has extended to me. 

June is here, and we are experiencing an unusual cool spell that is related to the wildfires in Canada. The air quality index is incredibly high to our east and so bad in fact that authorities in New York and Pennsylvania postponed the major league baseball games scheduled for those cities. The weather forecasters are predicting that the smoke from the fires will clear by the weekend. The past several days we have had sun trying to find a way through the layer of haze.  It has been fine temperature wise, but... not as nice as it would be without the smoke issue.

I have been struggling now for about two weeks.  I do not quite understand why. I am wobbly and off balance.  The stairs are particularly challenging, and my endurance is as low as it has been, maybe since the stroke.  My goal is to endure long enough today to take my wife of 38 years to dinner this evening. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

In the meantime.... smile as much as you can, and do your best to find things to be grateful for. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home